Khaleej Times April 01, 2019 A major crackdown by Facebook ahead of polls in India. Facebook has deleted 712 accounts and 390 pages in India and Pakistan for “inauthentic behaviour”, it said on Monday, many linked to India’s opposition Congress party days before a national election, and others related to Pakistan’s military. Facebook has come under increasing pressure around the world to ensure its social media platform is not abused for political purposes or to spread misinformation. The action against accounts with alleged links to Congress, the party led by the Gandhi family that has dominated Indian politics for much of its post-independence era, marks a bold move by Facebook. The platform has more than 300 million users in India, where it has been a key political campaigning tool in the election - the largest democratic exercise in the world - starting on April 11. While Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his rivals use official Facebook accounts to sen...
The Asian Age June 18, 2018 Investigating agencies are likely to register a fresh case against fugitive diamond merchant Nirav Modi in connection with using multiple passports. Sources said it was surprising that Modi managed to travel to different countries despite his passport being revoked proves that he has been using multiple Indian passports. Sources claimed that intelligence agencies suspect that Modi has at least six such passport, two of which have been active. Of these two passports while one had Modi’s full name, the other one had only his first name with a 40-month UK visa which had been used for traveling to different countries. Indian authorities have revoked both passports now. Interpol has also been informed of the same but since there is no uniform protocol both passports could not be blocked by different countries due to which Modi has managed to travel so far. Both CBI and ED have attached the passport revocation order in its appeal to the Interpo...
The Indian Express, Written by Rahul Tripathi | New Delhi | May 10, 2018 Acknowledging that incidents of stone-pelting and terror-funding in the Valley is on the rise again, Minister of State for Home Affairs Hansraj Gangaram Ahir on Wednesday said that the Centre’s approach on Kashmir will “not change”, and that the Army, central armed forces and the state police will continue operations to “flush out militants”. “In the last few weeks, the incidents of stone-pelting have risen. It may be because of Pakistan. Army, CRPF and the police have been effectively dealing with the situation, and they will continue with their operations in the Valley,” Ahir told The Indian Express. On amnesty to first-time stone-pelters, Ahir said, “It was a good initiative. So far, it has not come to light in our inquiry that those released on amnesty were involved in recent stone-pelting incidents (including Monday’s incident, in which a 22-year-old tourist from Chennai wa...
Comments
Post a Comment